Transfer Station Operator in Canada
Developed, and with copyrights, by the Northern Lights Chapter of SWANA.
Course overview: The objective of the course is to provide information to transfer station operating staff on good operating practices and safety. Students will learn about different transfer station designs and how they fit within waste management systems. Students will also learn about waste diversion opportunities at a transfer station.
Who Should Attend: The course is suited to those persons who are involved in the planning, operation and supervision of transfer stations.
- Role of Transfer Stations in a Waste Management System
- Regulation of Transfer Stations in Ontario, as applicable
- Overview of Waste Collection Systems
- Transfer Station Design and Selection
- Site Control and Supervision
- Screening for Prohibited Wastes
- Transfer Station Operation and Maintenance
- Scheduling of Transfer Vehicles
- Transfer Station Safety and Environmental Management