Household Hazardous Waste Operator – Canada
The objective of the course is to provide information to household hazardous waste operating staff on good operating practices and safety. Students will learn how to handle a wide range of household hazardous waste efficiently and safely, along with the basics of a well laid out site and operational procedures.
Who Should Attend
The course is suited to those persons who are involved in the planning, operation and supervision of HHW programs.
- Role of HHW in a Waste Management System
- Overview of HHW Operator roles, responsibilities, and requirements
- Customer Service
- The Chemistry of HHW
- Receiving HHW -Handling Requirements & Packaging
- Health & Safety and Emergency Response Measures
- Waste Classifications, Identification, and Storage
- Site Security and Organization
- Importance of Record Keeping and Documentation
- HHW Site Design and Traffic Flow