THE 2024 CONFERENCE
SWANA Ontario is excited to announce that we will be hosting the 2024 Canadian SWANA Conference,
Falling for Waste, from April 3 – 5, 2024 in Niagara Falls, Ontario at the Marriott on the Falls.
This event presents an excellent opportunity for industry members from across Canada and the US to come together to network, share, learn, and showcase their technology, equipment, and services.
Attendees will include:
This cross-Canada conference will include*:
*Additional (optional) pre-conference technical tours to local facilities engaged in waste management activities and local attractions prior to the full conference will be available.
CONFERENCE SPEAKERS & SCHEDULE
Keynote Presentation: Canada’s Climate Goals and the Waste Sector – Federal Initiatives for Reducing Methane Emissions
Conference topics include:
Municipal Long Term Strategic Plan Development, Climate Change Adaptation & Responses, Organics Management, Plastic Waste, Landfill Design & Operations, Methane Management, Labor Recruitment & Retention, EPR Transition, Local Circular Economy Initiatives, Collection Innovation, Health & Safety
Call for Sponsors
Make a lasting impact on your organization, company, product, or service by becoming a sponsor of the 2024 Conference: Falling for Waste!
Click the PDF below to see all of the 2024 conference sponsorship opportunities. If you have additional questions or would like to become a sponsor, please contact our office email:email@example.com
Trade Show Opportunity
Join us as an Exhibitor at our trade show and showcase your products and services to attendees from across North America! Corporate Display Booths include a 8 x 10 display area, two full conference packages and exclusive profile in on-site programming, signage, and conference website pages.
Trade Show Hours:
- Thursday, April 4: 8:30am – 5:30pm, including post-session Trade Show Cocktail Hour
- Friday, April 5: 8:30am – 1:00pm
Bonus: Join us on the evening of April 3rd for the Opening Reception, following your booth set up.
Enter the number of tickets required for each option below. The total price will be displayed on the checkout page.
Full Conference Package includes:
- Two days of technical presentations
- Two breakfasts, two lunches and refreshment breaks
- Access to opening Conference cocktail reception on Wednesday evening
- Complimentary beverages on Trade Show floor late afternoon on Thursday
- Complimentary Thursday night dinner & social event at the restaurant overlooking the Horseshoe Falls
- Full access to Trade Show floor and networking opportunities
Tour #1 | Walker Industries Niagara Campus
- Walker’s Resource Management Campus, located in Niagara Falls, is a fully-integrated operation that recovers resources sustainably, manages residual waste safely, and utilizes landfill gas to help power the community. Highlights of the tour will include: Municipal Source Separated Organics Compost Facility, Municipal Biosolids Stabilization (N-Viro) Facility, Residential Waste & Recycling Drop-off, Low Carbon Alternative Fuel Manufacturing Process, IC&I Landfill, and a Landfill Gas Utilization Facility which includes a Renewable Natural Gas Plant.
Tour #2 | Sustainability Tour – Wine and Power
- Tour starts with visiting two local wineries that feature unique waste handling and sustainable processing procedures. The bus tour will then continue to the Niagara Power Station, Niagara Falls’ newest attraction. This heritage site and engineering marvel showcases the 100-year history of the Niagara Power Company generating station that harnessed the powerful energy of the Horseshoe Falls. Following a guided tour of the massive facility and turbines, descend down 180 ft below and walk through the 750m water tunnel to view the Niagara River at eye level.
Buses will depart from the Marriott on the Falls hotel at 12:30pm on Wednesday and return in time for the Evening Cocktail Reception. Tour #1 requires PPE and must be supplied by attendee. Tour availability is on a first come first served basis.
Conference Hotel Rate
The Ontario Chapter of SWANA has negotiated exclusive group rates at the host hotel, Marriott on the Falls, 6755 Fallsview Blvd., Niagara Falls, ON.
This hotel is the most convenient location for attending the Falling for Waste Conference and booking at this hotel will help to support our Chapter.
Depending on the room you choose, discounted rates have been reduced to an amazing value of $109- $139/night, including complimentary Wifi.